Clinical work in neuromuscular disorders
- 2 Dedicated neuromuscular clinics per month
- 4 Transitional NM clinics per year
- 4 NM – Orthopaedic clinics per year
- Co-lead for the Nusinersen EAP
Research in neuromuscular disorders
- Was PI for FOR-DMD study in DMD
- PI for Utrophin up regulation trial (SUMMIT)
- PI for Translational research trial in DMD
- Co- PI for STRIDE registry trial for Translarna
Dr Gautam Ambegaonkar has been working as a Paediatric Neurologist at Addenbrookes hospital since April 2011, having done his Neurology grid training at GOSH, London and led the Neuromuscular service from his appointment until Feb 2018. During this period, Addenbrookes was awarded status as ‘Centre of Clinical Excellence’ by MDUK following a nationwide audit of services. Dr Ambegaonkar also established the Eastern Muscle Group network and was instrumental in setting up the website and Annual NM study days in Cambridge.
- Ambegaonkar JP, Cortes N, Caswell SV, Ambegaonkar GP, Wyon M. Lower extremity hypermobility but not core muscle endurance influences balance in female collegiate dancers. International Journal of Sports Physiotherapy 2016 Apr; 11(2): 220-229
- Ambegaonkar G, Manzur AY, Robb SA, Kinali M, Muntoni F. The Multiple phenotypes of arthrogryposis multiples congenital with reference to the neurogenic variant. Eur J Paediatr Neurol. 2011 Jul;15(4):316-9
- Book Reviews :-
- Neuromuscular disorders (2nd edition) Amato A, Russell J
- DMD (4th edition) Emery A, Muntoni F et al.